Where is Sound City Ipswich 2019?
Sound City Ipswich 2019 will be taking place across multiple venues in Ipswich town centre, at The Corn Exchange, Manor Ballroom, The Smokehouse and The Cornhill.
When does the festival start and end?
Live music will run from 5pm until the curfew at 2am. See below for the timings of each venue.
- BBC Introducing Stage on The Cornhill (outdoor stage) - 5pm-9pm - free admission
- The Smokehouse (80 capacity) - 7pm-11pm - admission by festival wristband only
- The Manor Ballroom (200 capacity) - 6.45pm-12am - admission by festival wristband only
- The Corn Exchange (900 capacity) - 7pm-2am - admission by festival wristband only
Where do I pick up my wristband?
SCI wristbands will be collected from the festival box office at the Town Hall.
Where does my wristband get me entry to?
Wristbands will provide access to all of our venues, however due to capacity restrictions we cannot guarantee entry to all venues. Please turn up early to avoid queues and missing the acts you want to see. BBC Introducing will be hosting an outdoor stage which will be free entry.
Who is on the lineup?
Find out who has been announced on the lineup so far here. More acts still to be announced. Venues and set times are still to be announced.
Can I attend the music industry conference?
The music industry conference will be attended by invited guests with some space also available for festival wristband holders. It will take place during the day at Ipswich Film Theatre. Bookings for space at the conference are not yet open. Sign up to our newsletter for updates.
Where is the music industry conference?
The conference will take place during the day at Ipswich Film Theatre. More information about the conference still tbc.
How far apart is each venue?
There is approximately a maximum of 15 minutes walk between each venue.
I am disabled, how do I book a companion ticket?
Disabled customers are entitled to a free PA ticket. When you purchase a ticket please email us at email@example.com with your valid ticket reference number and supporting medical evidence of your disability. Please also provide a name and email address for you companion. Do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have.
Are the venues accessible?
All of our venues are wheelchair accessible. We want to make the festival as accessible as possible for everyone, if you have any concerns please get in touch so we can aim to make your visit as easy as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am travelling from outside of Ipswich, how can I get there?
- Train: Ipswich train station has good connections with the surrounding region and is less than 70 minutes from London Liverpool Street. The venues are about 20 minutes walk from the station.
- Taxi: Some local taxi services include Hawk Express Cabs and Avenue Taxis
- Car Parking: There are a number of car parks in the town centre, including Norwich Road Shoppers next to The Smokehouse, The Regent Theatre or Crown car parks near the Manor Ballroom, or the Spiral and Buttermarket car parks near the Corn Exchange.
I am interested in volunteering, how can I get involved?
We are looking for volunteers to help run the festival in various roles. Head to our volunteers page here for more details.
Where can I stay overnight?
Here are a few hotels in the local area close to the venues:
How can I get in touch about press enquiries?
If you’re interested in contacting Sound City Ipswich please email email@example.com